Teach For Armenia is building a movement of leaders who will reshape what it means to provide an excellent education for all children across the nation. We aim to cultivate students who can harness their voices and shape a changing world while being committed to their communities. This will require support at every level of leadership, from our teachers in the classroom, to the highest-ranking officials. Teach For Armenia aims to accomplish this vision by recruiting promising leaders, both in Armenia and from across the diaspora, to teach for a 2-year commitment in schools where their knowledge and skills are needed. In the long-run, our organization is cultivating a network of changemakers, inclusive of our students, their communities, our Alumni, government officials, community partners, supporters, and affiliates from across Teach For All.
By 2025, Teach For Armenia aims to recruit 360+ Teacher-Leaders. To do so, we must increase our recruitment goal by 20% each and every year. Once we reach scale, we will plateau and remain at a “steady state.” Young professionals represent a crucial part of the cohort. Moreover, in line with scaling our vision is to engage more and more university young professionals as well as ensure high visibility of the Teach For Armenia brand.
All members of the Young Professionals Recruitment team will report directly to the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager. The Young Professionals Recruitment team is part of the larger Recruitment team, which in turn is a part of the“Talent Initiatives” division, which includes Human Resources as well as Selection. The Young Professionals Recruitment Manager will report to the Head of Recruitment.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Our team must be culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership we are striving to cultivate in our classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify our Kochari, hold ourselves to the highest of standards, while owning up to mistakes when we ourselves falter.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Driving Strategy (40%)
- Develop strong strategies around the recruitment of young professionals and increasing overall public awareness
- Together with the Team engage in public events, online and offline activities in order to ensure the successful implementation of young professionals’ recruitment
- Engage with schools, as well as our Teacher-Leaders and Alumni community to ensure the recruitment of current teachers
- Build a strong network of supporters with leaders of relevant organizations
- Ensure the sustainability and efficient implementation of special projects (e.g. referral programs)
- Leading Team (30%)
- Set ambitious targets for the Young Professionals Recruitment Team
- Conduct weekly check-ins with direct reports & team meetings in order to discuss progress & resolve challenges
- Ensure the team is developing skills, from headhunting to storytelling for the purpose of recruitment
- Planning and Evaluation (20%)
- Throughout the recruitment season, ensure that the team is tracking data through Salesforce in order to assess progress against goals
- Throughout the year ensure the alignment of Young Professionals recruitment to the whole recruitment process in collaboration with the Head of Recruitment
- At the end of the recruitment season, together with the Head of Recruitment, evaluate the team’s impact, assess strengths, as well as areas for improvement
- Create time throughout the recruitment season to assess progress and determine potential pivots in strategy
- Participating in Org-Wide and Cross-Collaborative Initiatives (10%
- Participate at regular org-wide events and initiatives to build up on the organizational culture and be a part of the key strategic meetings and events
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed
NOTE: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
For this role specifically, we are also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Recruitment: With such ambitious goals, we need a leader with a demonstrated track record of meeting targets in recruitment, sales or other relevant areas.
- Team Management: During peak season, the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager will directly manage seasonal recruiters and/or recruitment associates. It is important for the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager to build a strong team culture and invest others in a vision for success while managing towards results.
- Partnerships: Without key partnerships, we will not be able to reach our recruitment aims. For that reason, the Young Professionals Recruitment Manager must be a master of cultivating strong partnerships with schools, career institutions, non-governmental organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Recruitment intersects with various departments across the organization, from Marketing & Brand Strategy to Regional Teams. We need a leader who is able to partner with others in order to exploit opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Headhunting: The Young Professionals Recruitment Manager will be responsible for headhunting talented individuals that are dispersed across different professional settings through diverse headhunting strategies, like networking and Linkedin outreach.
Aside from these core competencies, we are also looking for the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience leading teams w/ demonstrated results
- 2+ years of experience in recruitment, sales or other relevant experience
- Fluency in Armenian and English is required; proficiency in Russian is a plus.
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required; However, many staff members at Teach For Armenia possess a Master’s degree or higher.
- A meaningful personal connection to the Armenian context is required.
- Previous work experience or joint projects in the field of education is a plus.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter online. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to our mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of our students and their communities. As such we are an organization that is committed to equity and we strive to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Health Insurance
- Mental health counseling services
- Working remotely opportunity
- Professional development opportunity
- Scholarship for graduate studies
- Gym membership financial support
- Additional paid days off
- Referral bonus
- Team Retreats, Events & Teambuildings
- Business trips
- Birthdays & anniversaries celebration
- Child care fund
- Paternity leave