Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks. Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served. Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared. Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items. Prepare special meals or substitute items. Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks. Provide cooks with needed items. Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food. Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program and food products. Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- High School and higher
- At least 5 years of related work experience
- Basic knowledge of English and Russian