Software Engineer (Node.js)
Are you looking for a job that will contribute to empower Armenians to systematically improve their lives and wellbeing, provide opportunities for private enterprises to enhance competitiveness, ensure greater efficiency and good governance in public institutions, and enable the development and widespread use of personalized IT solutions built around the needs of everyday citizens? Then we have an exceptional opportunity for you!
The concept of electronic identity in Armenia can strengthen and support the country in many ways. For this purpose, we are looking for a Software Engineer.
- Creating readable, high-quality maintainable code (including unit tests)
- Reviewing code to ensure it is up to our high standards, including accessibility needs
- Working with your teammates to ensure that products are built according to requirements and within reasonable timeframes
- Use your knowledge and experience to propose savvy technical solutions to our technical challenges
- Ensure all user feedback is integrated into the product development lifecycle
- We will be using DevOps, you are expected to know about and work with, DevOps tooling (AWS, Azure, Docker) - but if you don’t know about it, we’ll help you learn
- You will be one of the first technical members of our team, so you will have a major part to play in helping it grow.
- 3+ years of strong real-world experience in developing Web Applications, ideally for products with international clients
- At least 1 year of experience in one or more major web frameworks (React/Vue/Angular)
- Experience in Node.js is a big plus;
- Real experience in creating front-end web components, ideally you have a portfolio of work you can show us
- You can create high-quality, reliable integration APIs
- You know how to use DevOps tooling stacks
- Experience in Sass / LESS / Stylus CSS pre-processors is a plus;
- Unit testing experience with Mocha / Chai / Vitest is desired;
- You know a build tool such as Vite and Webpack
About the Employer:
Open and quality data is a critical asset, translating into national wealth! Developing an advanced and secure environment, enablers, and infrastructure is a necessary precondition for transforming Armenia into an e-society and e-economy.
The Information Systems Agency of Armenia (ISAA) is responsible for ensuring the technological foundations and development of the digital state in RA.
The world is currently undergoing a fundamental digital transformation, whereby all aspects of our lives are currently data points. Therefore, the main challenge for governments globally is capitalizing on the opportunities created by this vast amount of data, for example in personalized finance or medicine, without jeopardizing personal or national security.
The Government of Armenia is firmly committed to embracing the digital agenda by creating the necessary institutional architecture to catalyze building a secure and thriving digital society and economy. Doing so requires the private, especially financial, sector to play a leading role in this process, and the current over-emphasis on e-government alone needs to change. Therefore, our mission is to build the necessary infrastructure and enablers for this digital society and economy, intended for shared use both by the private sector and the Government, with the explicit goal of improving the day-to-day life of Armenian people and businesses.
It is the Government’s perspective that taking on this digitalization endeavor is not a luxury, but a necessity. Recent diagnostics by various international institutions and independent experts have found that further ad-hoc digitalization in Armenia, if taking place without the mentioned enablers and institutional architecture (e.g. digital identity, cybersecurity, data interoperability and governing standards), represents a serious threat to national security.
Open and quality data is a critical asset, translating into national wealth! Developing an advanced and secure environment, enablers, and infrastructure is a necessary precondition for transforming Armenia into the e-Society and e-Economy. The key mission of the digital society and economy would be to empower the population to continuously improve their lives and wellbeing, provide opportunities for the private sector to enhance competitiveness, and ensure greater efficiency and good governance of public institutions through the development and widespread use of ICT solutions built around citizen experience and lifecycle. These imply Seamless, Proactive, Convenient and Personalized services.