Chief Civil Engineer
The job holder will assume leadership responsibility in advising and assisting GT Build LLC with the full cycle of designing & construction phases for project implementation. In this regard, the incumbent will closely engage in maintaining quality and speed of project execution and provide advisory to the board on the project designs, implementation, management, and as well as local construction regulations.
Under the supervision of the Director, the Chief Civil Engineer will:
1. Plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the activities of the division.
2. Manage the planning and design stages of construction projects.
3. Decide and provide advice on operational decisions of the procurement department.
4. Provide expert internal technical advice to the Board and Director.
5. Contribute technical expertise to project drawings, designs, specifications, and bills of quantities.
6. Audit and inspect the efficiency of proposed technical solutions (drawing changes, if necessary); provide technical justifications for procurement process organization.
7. Provide leadership and technical guidance to other professional and support staff in the field.
8. Prepare work schedules in collaboration with the Project Manager. Set priorities for mid-level construction management during the project execution.
9. Lead the assessment of internal process effectiveness and propose to the Director any review and update the directives of the procedures governing the internal process of works.
10. Participate in negotiation and preparatory work required for the approval of contracts.
11. Prepare work programs of the team; report to Director on program progress.
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Construction engineering.
2. Have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in construction management and/or construction supervision.
3. Excellent knowledge of Armenian Construction Regulations (СНиП).
4. Strong knowledge of construction processes organization.
5. Proven sense of analysis, initiative, and autonomy and good interpersonal communication skills.
6. Experience in budget management and technical justification preparations.
7. Experience in the execution of projects within and/or for international companies/ organizations will be an asset.
8. Proficient in the use of standard MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Hands-on knowledge of Autocad, Archicad, and other professional softs.
9. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in Armenian, and Russian. Fluency in English is highly desirable.
About the company
GT Build LLC is a construction company established in 2022. The Company carries out the construction of residential buildings, factories/plants, and other construction.