Product Manager Job Duties:
* Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
* Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
* Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
* Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
* Obtains product market share by working with top management to develop product sales strategies.
* Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
* Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
* Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
* Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
* Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
* Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
* Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Product Manager Skills and Qualifications:
* University degree in Marketing or equivalent (MBA is a plus)
* 4+ years’ product development experience in a supervisory capacity
* Knowledge of the Coffee market and Coffee industry
* Excellent networking skills, especially with regard to distribution channels and social media
* Strong motivational skills, especially when it comes to leading a team