Get Guaranteed 75% and 100% Tuition Scholarships for Chicago-Kent College of Law (LL.M Program) in Tbilisi, Georgia & Chicago, IL, USA
Chicago-Kent College of Law - US-based law school along with the School of American Law announces two interlinked programs with guaranteed 75% and 100% tuition scholarships for lawyers and law school students from Armenia.
- School of American Law – SAL Program in Tbilisi, Georgia and
- One-semester LL.M program in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
SAL program begins in Tbilisi in September 2019 and completes in May 2020. SAL program covers ten mandatory courses conducted in English and delivered solely by Chicago-Kent Professors visiting from the USA. Learning mode is one course per month covering only weekends through full-day lectures starting at 10 am by 5 pm. In total, 5 weekends will be covered each semester by the live classes; besides, pre- and after-class readings and exam submission shall be expected from students. Nevertheless, SAL Program blended structure combines five courses with intensive live classes in Tbilisi, Georgia and five courses with online classes.
After completing SAL Program graduates continue LL.M education at Chicago-Kent in Chicago, IL, USA. Master’s study at Chicago-Kent is finished with earning LL.M in “U.S., International and Transnational Law” in one semester (five months) instead of a regular one academic year.
After completing the program, graduates will receive:
- After graduating SAL Program - Certificate of Completion of School of American Law. The certificate will be issued by SAL and Chicago-Kent jointly and signed by Dean of Chicago-Kent College of Law and Head of School of American Law, Professor of Chicago-Kent College of Law.
- After graduating from IIT, Chicago-Kent College of Law – LL.M Diploma from IIT, Chicago-Kent College of Law.
- Getting benefits from the blended structure of SAL Program starting in Tbilisi without leaving current jobs by attending interactive live and/or online classes;
- Blended structure allowing to complete SAL Program in Tbilisi though combined intensive five live courses and five courses through digital media from the traditional classroom;
- TOEFL Waiver for SAL Program graduates, submitting SAL & LL.M applications without taking TOEFL or IELTS exam;
- Preferential and immediate Admission to Chicago-Kent LL.M after completion of SAL Program;
- Earning LL.M in “U.S., International and Transnational Law” at Chicago-Kent in one semester instead of one academic year;
- Guaranteed 75% and 100% tuition scholarships;
- After completion of one semester at Chicago-Kent, students may continue education for the optional second semester and earn LL.M degree in the most demanding directions: LL.M in Trial Advocacy, LL.M in International Intellectual Property Law and LL.M in Financial Service Law with 75% tuition scholarships;
- After completion of the master’s study at Chicago-Kent, graduates may continue Doctoral study (Ph.D./SJD) with 75% tuition scholarships;
- Affordable tuition payment plan within two or more installments while studying at SAL Program & Chicago-Kent;
- Deferring Chicago-Kent’s Admission for LL.M during the next three academic years;
- On-campus & off-campus employment opportunities in the USA;
- Access to externships and internships in the USA;
- The world best location – a downtown campus of Chicago-Kent is located in the heart of Chicago - one of the nation's top legal & financial markets;
- Development of a strong professional network, foster connections with a diverse community of professionals across the USA.
Scholarships & Tuition Fee
- Due to financial conditions in Armenia and travel costs related to SALclass participation in Tbilisi, the tuition fee for SAL Program was decreased to USD 5900. Tuition is payable in three installments but for those students who select an advance payment option, the tuition fee will be 5500 USD.
- The tuition fee for LL.M at Chicago-Kent College of Law amounts to USD 10 000 instead of regular USD 44 000 after guaranteed 75% scholarships; payment for LL.M study shall be made at Chicago-Kent after Students’ arrivals in Chicago;
- Full (100%) tuition scholarship for LL.M study is established by the Chicago-Kent College of Law. To qualify for the scholarship, students must maintain a minimum of 3.8 final GPA at SAL. The Dean of Chicago-Kent and Head of SAL Worldwide will review applications from students who meet that condition and select the most qualified student;
- The tuition fee for the optional second semester at Chicago-Kent College of Law amounts to USD 7 250 instead of USD 22 000.
Who should apply for this program?
- Those who are interested in LL.M study at Chicago-Kent must have a first degree in Law (LL. B) or shall be last year law school student; the applicant should also demonstrate aptitude through undergraduate and graduate grades, or through relevant work experience;
- Those who are interested to master their education in business law and get SAL Certificate only - any higher-educated applicant (having a bachelor’s Diploma or being last year student at universities or similar higher educational establishments providing degree level of BA) may submit documentation to SAL Program.
The application deadline is July 20 (regular application deadline). Applicants are required to submit the following documents electronically:
- A CV in English;
- One letter of reference originally written or translated in English by indicating the referee’s contact information;
- Copy of diploma or University statement for Bachelor students;
- Copy of the Passport and/or ID.
The documents should be sent to the following email addresses:
Chicago-Kent College of Law is nationally recognized as the second oldest law school in the state of Illinois. Chicago-Kent has gained accreditation by the American Bar Association in 1936 and membership in the Association of American Law Schools in 1951. In 2018-2019 US News & World Reports, No1 Ranking Agency assigned the following ranking to Chicago-Kent among the most demanded and popular programs: Trial Advocacy the 4th place, IP Law the 9th place, Legal Writing the 17th place. According to US News & World Reports Chicago-Kent, the graduate employment rate right after the graduation amounts to 66.2% and 90.7% within 9 months following graduation.
School of American Law: www.salchicagokent.com
Chicago-Kent College of Law: www.kentlaw.iit.edu
SAL Program at Chicago-Kent: http://www.kentlaw.iit.edu/caucasus
Business Facebook Pages: https://www.facebook.com/SALtbilisi/ and https://www.facebook.com/SALyerevan/
What Makes a Law School Great: Inside Chicago-Kent http://youtu.be/pKu1V5UTjUQ
For more information, please contact (regular call or via Viber):
- Aram Chadryan, Representative in Armenia
Tel: +374 98791616, +37477 076262
Harutyun Chadryan, Representative in Armenia
Tel: +374 98 086262
Ketevan Jeladze, co-founder & Regional Director, SAL Caucasus, Turkey, Mediterranean, Balkans, Central Asia
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: Ketevan Jeladze
Tel: +995 577 97 40 01 (Regular, Viber, WhatsApp) speaking English and Russian
Maia Meskhi, co-founder & Executive Director, SAL Caucasus, Turkey, Mediterranean, Balkans, Central Asia
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: Maia Meskhi
Tel: +995 577 77 40 30 (Regular, Viber, WhatsApp) speaking English and Russian