Senior Scrum Master
We are looking for a full-time Senior Scrum Master who will act as a coach for multiple agile scrum teams ensuring the effective use and practice of the agile framework in achieving business value. Oversee multiple complex projects simultaneously. Responsible for the scrum process from initiation to delivery.
- Identify IT and staffing related risks, recommend potential mitigation and escalate appropriately
- Manage project scope and schedule
- Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders to meet program deliverables and benefit cases, in order to ensure the highest quality products to our customers.
- Closely monitor team velocity, throughput, burn-down, cumulative flow and works with the development architect to make sure all developers are being productive and are set up to succeed each and every sprint.
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies, including: daily stand ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demos and sprint retrospectives.
- Owns and Resolves team blockers as it pertains to Iterations and Program iterations.
- Attend bug-triage meetings and help prioritize work.
- Responsible for burn-down chart and communicating actions to meet team commitments, keeping in-sprint stories organized and properly managed.
- Manage, maintain, and utilize Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools.
- Work with the leadership team to strategically improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our teams and processes.
- Build high performing predictable teams with constant velocity/flow and say-do-ratio.
- Report on sprints that are in-progress
- Related industry experience (IT, Telecommunications, etc.)
- 3+ Experience as a hands on Scrum Master
- AGILE scrum certified (Certified Scrum Master-CSM) will be considered as an asset
- Demonstrated in-depth experience in medium to large scale consumer facing product development
- Proven track record building and releasing new products from conception to production
- Possess a extensive technical knowledge of multiple platforms and form factors
- Coordinate project activities including updating document repository
- Collaborate with an agile team to ensure prioritized work is groomed, planned, and executed appropriately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative Agile environment
- Demonstrated aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others
- Ability to manage complex, multiple and diverse projects
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Demonstrated organizational and office management skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Upper level of English
- 20 days PTO
- Health care
- Gym membership
- Semi-annual performance evaluations / bonuses
- Educational assistance - toward improving skills
- Friday lunches
Work from home options 20 days per year** Writing samples must be in English.