Route Development Specialist (RDS) : Central and South America
Industry: Logistics, Transportation
Employment type: Full time
Salary: 250,000 ֏
Work schedule: Five-day workweek
Work experience: Junior, Mid level, Senior
Job posting has expired
The role of the Route Development Specialist is to be the primary contact between Maurice Ward offices and our overseas partners (Freight Forwarding agents, customs brokers, and logistic companies). The ideal candidate will be proactive and is required to build our market position (via both phone & email) by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with new and existing overseas freight forwarding agents, customs brokers, and logistic companies within Central and South America.
- Accomplish new business development with overseas partners (Freight Forwarding agents, customs brokers, and logistics companies) to establish communication programs, planning, monitoring, appraising & providing market info with up-to-date rates whilst offering the full range of Maurice Ward services in a controlled, systematic manner presenting all company unique selling points (USP’s) accordingly
- Establishing customer-service strategies and resolving problems/disputes between overseas partners within Africa and Maurice Ward offices across Europe when required.
- Utilize online information and lists available to develop new relationships with every freight forwarding agent within the assigned territory.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; track major industries using freight and logistic services and follow up with these to get to RFQ stage.
- Develop and market new products to overseas partners specifically for the assigned market
- Advanced English knowledge
- Advanced Spanish knowledge
- Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Job Type: Full Time (Mon Fri)
- Working hours: 18:00 p.m. to 03:00 a.m.
- Job Status: Permanent 3-month probation period
What We Offer
- Hybrid work opportunity
- Paid Overtime
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Annual salary review
- Paid Marriage Leave
How to apply
Interested applicants are asked to forward the PDF format of their CV in English to email