What Does a Spa Receptionist Do?
A spa receptionist performs administrative, clerical, and customer service duties at a spa.
As a spa receptionist, your responsibilities
- include scheduling appointments for clients,
- greeting them at the front desk when they arrive at the spa,
- checking them in, and providing them with any information they need while they wait
- keeping records of each client, billing clients, answering phones and maintaining inventory at the spa
- keep other spa workers informed about customer needs
- ensure adequate stock of supplies and equipment; inform management when stock is low.
- must be able to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned posts for extended periods of time.
- maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- ability to perform the duties of the Retail Consultant as needed.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Front Desk personnel or as Customer Service representative with proven sales OR
- Minimum of 1 year of employment within a Hotel environment or Spa
Matching candidates are requested to send their CV to the mentioned email address.