The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI), a leading USAID implementer of programs that promote justice, economic opportunity and human dignity through the rule of law is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor to serve on a USAID-funded Rule of Law program in Armenia to help the Government of Armenia reform justice sector institutions through: (1) establishing effective and efficient court administration and case management system; (2) supporting self-regulatory institutional capacity development; and (3) improving legal and professional education.
Primary roles and responsibilities of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor are to:
- Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, and learning system for the program;
- Assess programs’ impacts and successes of activities and performance at all levels. S/he will conduct impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys, and needs assessments to identify necessary changes and future program opportunities.
- Work with technical leads, technical legal experts to develop appropriate performance indicators for programs and will report directly to COP.
- Review and upkeep of program theory of change and logical/results frameworks used to ensure that identified outcomes and outputs, as well as strategies for the program, remain relevant;
- Managing data collection, analysis, and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts;
- Developing the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities, and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities;
- Experience with strategic planning, and/or performance management, including experience implementing international development programs in rule of law, good governance,
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation at an international development organization;
- Knowledge of USG and/or other donor contracts, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations.
For more information about ABA ROLI see https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/
ABA ROLI offers competitive salaries and benefits packages. Female candidates are encouraged to apply, we are an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a short cover letter and by February 15, 2021.