Medical Billing Specialist
A full-Time position is available for a Medical Billing Specialist to handle the billing for U.S. health care providers.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable Systems, creating customer accounts, and recording treatment charges. Work with Intake Department to verify deductibles and other applicable co-payments.
- Produce and submit medical claims based on units of service approved.
- Ensure claims are processed timely and that payment is received.
- Maintain client billing files in an orderly fashion, ensuring that all files contain a proof of payments, billing forms, authorizations, and claims disputes.
- Follow up on unpaid claims from clients and insurance companies; call on delinquent accounts; send notices of balance due; make payment arrangements; send payment reminder notices.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of ongoing disputes; review and appeal unpaid and denied claims.
Skills / Knowledge
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Must have excellent time management
- Must have strong organization skills
- Must be able to work within a team structure
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- College level accounting units preferred (however, experience may suffice).
- Medical billing experience for U.S. health care providers is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Schedule: Monday to Friday