The Technical specialist / Technical Assistant is responsible for assisting the Technical Director on the day-to-day maintenance operations in mechanical /electrical functions and delivery of assigned tasks/duties. Keeping both visitors and employees safe is the departmental first priority.
You will also be required to exemplify your best behavior to your team and work well with other team members in the department/organization and to carry out assignments that are delegated by your superior in a timely manner.
- Assist in the installation of the rides before the park’s opening.
- Perform jobs to insure quality and compliance with job standards.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual inspection and preventive maintenance Inspections on rides.
- Ensure that the rides and attractions and equipment are maintained in excellent condition with the standards.
- Responds to ride calls during operating hours. Diagnose system failures and provide immediate and corrective action.
- Troubleshoots by referring to technical manuals and while utilizing a systematic approach.
- Inputs in logbooks; completion of inspections, corrective action, and/or repairs made. Maintain records of jobs performed.
- Accountable for proactively maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment for park visitors and employees.
- Follow established maintenance program, including emergency repairs as required to keep downtime to an acceptable minimum in all areas.
- Keeps tools, machines and all other company equipment in clean and good working conditions.
- Maintain an inventory of technical equipment and supplies necessary to perform functions.
- Assist the superior to plan schedules for major repairs and to ensure all the works given are completed within the time period with proper documentation/ worksheets.
- Creates and maintains teamwork within the maintenance department and all other departments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Technical Director
SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their team, in line with the Group Policy.
- Employees must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly.
- Demonstrate a positive “health and safety” culture.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or relevant engineering field background.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the technical field.
- Strong command of English. Able to converse and good writing skills in English.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding and ability to interpret technical drawings, schedules, technical specifications, and schematics.
- Through understanding of mechanical/electrical maintenance requirements of Engineering equipment, including hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC, Drives. Control systems and welding.
- Able to work at height.
- Have good communication, administrative and organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs.
- Good knowledge in preventive maintenance systems.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Able to create and understand a maintenance SOP
- Able to understand and follow Park safety standard
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical / Electronics engineering.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site, and interact with employees.
- Ability to climb stairs to gain access to the upper level of buildings.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
- Visual acuity is sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities, and to drive.
- Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
- Maintaining confidentiality within the organization and protect any information classified as confidential.
- Maintaining honesty and integrity with superior, subordinates and guests
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.
- Complying with the company’s grooming standard.
To apply to this position send your Resume/CV. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.