This intern candidate will work closely with our data science team on implementing bleeding-edge machine learning methods. The ideal candidate should have a strong academic background in ML and excellent programming abilities, preferably in Python.
- Apply NLP algorithms to extract information or insight from raw text data.
- Apply image recognition algorithms to help enrich data and improve data quality.
- Develop tools or libraries to enhance and automate data science workflow.
- Receives general supervision and guidance from more experienced team members.
- Follows department processes, procedures and client requirements; may make recommendations and/or implement improvements/ solutions.
- Participates in Internship Program activities and events to include: onboarding, educational activities, information sessions, product demos, and social events.
- Provide general administrative support as needed.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
- Be working towards a BS or MS degree in Data Science, Statistics, Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related degree.
- Basic analysis skills; familiar with data analysis tools and techniques, such as Python, R, text analytics, NLP.
- Able to manage and integrate insights and establish monitoring around multiple internal data sources.
- Ingestion, standardization, metadata management, business rule curation, data enhancement, and statistical computation against data sources that include relational, XML, JSON, streaming, REST API, and unstructured data.
- Experience and interest in presenting analytic findings to business customers. Familiar with reporting and visualization tools, such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, etc.
- Familiar with SQL in the extraction and manipulation of datasets. General knowledge of transactional data processing, ETL, data warehouse, data mart, and operational reporting solutions a plus.
- Experience and interest in deeper analysis of data subjects, potentially spanning over a timeline of several months.
Interested individuals are requested to send their CVs to the mentioned email. Please, clearly mention in the subject line: " Data Science Intern". Only shortlisted candidates will be considered․ Thanks.