We are looking for a full-time copywriter/editor for our websites in the personal finance space. We need someone who can generate unique, thought-provoking content. The ideal candidate knows how to:
- Maintain an engaging, logical flow throughout each piece
- Never write in first person, second person, or use passive voice
- Use emotive adverbs sparingly
- Write educational, academic-level content without bias or opinion
- Use AP style
- Create high-quality, reader-focused articles that are both shareable and rankable
- Build conversion-focused landing pages
- Know the difference between the previous two bullet points
- Edit and format copy for online publishing
- Update and add to the editorial calendar as needed
- If you can write, then we want to hear from you. You could be a high school dropout, but if you can put a sentence together better than our other candidates, then you have a shot at this position.
- You should know how to use Microsoft Word.
- Experience with WordPress is a plus but not required.
- You should understand the nuances of the personal finance industry and be able to write toward that vertical. (This style of writing is less bloggy than what you might see elsewhere on the web. It’s informative and useful and never sounds cheesy or salesy. It earns its confidence.)
- Competitive compensation package
- Casual Fridays and major holidays off
- Regular company lunches
Please let us know if you are interested. We would love to see if you are the right fit for this position. To get started, please send over your cover letter and links to your writing samples. Thank you.