If you enjoy meeting and helping all kinds of people, this could be a great job for you.
Hotel receptionists make guests feel welcome, manage room bookings (also known as reservations) and deal with requests that guests make during their stay.
A hotel receptionist also needs to be friendly and professional at all times, be able to look after several things at once and always stay calm, sometimes under pressure.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the management and services of hospital industry
- Possess excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in checking arrivals lists, credit limit reporting, and cash handling
- Knowledge of standard PC packages and computerized reservations systems
- Proficient in handling general clerical and administrative tasks
- Flexible, attention to detail and has the ability to work independently
- Excellent command in English and in Russian, both in oral and written
- Responsible for greeting and checking in of guests, including the processing of group arrivals
- Check out departing guests by using the hotel's accounting system
- Serve as the main point of contact for guests by dealing efficiently with inquiries and complaints
- Maintain up to date on all hotel products, pricing, services, special promotional offers, and special events
- Handle responsibilities of maximizing sales revenues through up-selling and marketing programs
- Perform general switchboard duties including the taking of reservations
If you are interested in this job send your CV with a photo at the mentioned e-mail address.